March 17, 2020
Dear Valued Patients:
As a chiropractic office, we understand and share our patients’ concerns about the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19. On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a pandemic, the first to be caused by coronavirus. The WHO director said hope remains that COVID-19 can be curtailed, if actions are taken to curtail the disease.
As the status of the outbreak is rapidly evolving, we want to let our patients know what steps we are taking to address the situation in the office now, as well as what we recommend for our patients outside of the office. This information is based on the most current updates from the World Health Organization, the CDC, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, and other official sources.
The office always follows standard protocols for cleaning hard surfaces, especially patient contact surfaces. Standard procedure has been and always will be to disinfect ANY device that has come in contact with a patient. Our daily cleaning procedures are already thorough; however, we are taking extra time to clean and disinfect so that our facility remains a safe and welcome space for patients and staff. Our dedicated team is wiping down and disinfecting all desks, tables, handles, knobs, etc. on a continual basis with extra vigilance. We have also decided not have any magazines in our waiting rooms at this time.
In addition to our cleaning procedures we are requiring patients we serve to reschedule their appointment if not feeling well. We have asked our team to use extra caution when evaluating their own personal health and will have staff go home if they are not feeling well. We will continue to monitor updated information and will maintain cleaning protocols as recommended by health care officials.
We also share concern for our patients while they are out of the office. The CDC has recommended the following everyday preventive actions to keep yourself and your family healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Increase ventilation in your work space, home and while driving
- It is recommended you have a 14-day food supply at home for you and your family.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
- Stay informed. CDC’s COVID-19 Situation Summary will be updated regularly as information becomes available.
Please feel free to call us at 303-427-2225 if you have questions about our office procedures as we work together to stem the spread of Coronavirus.
All of us at Optimal Chiropractic want to thank you for your on-going support. We will continue to keep you updated. The health and well-being of our families and patients are our highest priority.